We’ve all been there before, staring at a computer screen with no idea what to do – don’t worry Understanding Google Sheets is here to help. Written by best-selling technology author, lecturer, and computer trainer Kevin Wilson, Understanding Google Sheets is packed with easy to follow instructions, photos, illustrations, helpful tips and video demos.
Updated to cover the latest version of Google Sheets, this guide will show you how to:
- Start Google Sheets and find your way around navigation menus
- Format text: bold, italic, underlined, and strikethrough
- Align text, highlight and change text colour
- Cut, copy, paste and using the clipboard
- Add borders, cell shading and conditional formatting
- Insert charts
- Add, move and crop images
- Insert formulas and functions
- Filter and sort data
- Analysed data with goalseek and pivot tables
- Add validation rules to ensure users enter accurate data
- Print your spreadsheets
- Convert documents to other formats such as PDF or Excel
- Share your spreadsheets, print them out, or email them as attachments.
- Collaborate with other users with collaboration features
- Check spelling and grammar
- Expand the functionality of Google Sheets using Addons
- Take Google Sheets with you on your tablet and work from anywhere
- Get started with Google Drive
You’ll want to keep this edition handy as you make your way around Google Sheets.