We’ve all been there before, staring at a computer screen with no idea what to do – don’t worry Understanding Google Docs is here to help. Written by best-selling technology author, lecturer, and computer trainer Kevin Wilson, Understanding Google Docs is packed with easy to follow instructions, photos, illustrations, helpful tips and video demos.
Updated to cover the latest version of Google Docs, this guide will show you how to:
- Start Google Docs and find your way around navigation menus
- Format text: bold, italic, underlined, strike, and super/sub script
- Align, highlight and change text colour
- Cut, copy, paste and using the clipboard
- Use headers, footers, and columns
- Insert page numbers, and contents pages
- Add page and section breaks
- Adjust line spacing, and tab stops, as well as bullet and numbered lists
- Convert documents to other formats such as PDF or Microsoft Word
- Share your documents, print them out, or email them as attachments.
- Collaborate with other users and work on group projects with collaboration features
- Insert wordart, drawings, charts, tables, equations and special characters
- Add images, crop, wrap text and use effects
- Check spelling and grammar
- Improve your work with dictionary define and lookup features
- Expand the functionality of Google Docs using Addons
- Take Google Docs with you on your tablet and work on your documents anywhere
You’ll want to keep this edition handy as you make your way around Google Docs. Have Fun!