With so much information about programming and online coding tutorials out there, it can be difficult to know where to start. Python for Beginners fills in the gap and provides a great place to start learning computer programming with Python. Using our bestselling, straightforward, step-by-step, visual approach, you’ll learn to:
- Download and install the python interpreter
- Setup your development environment
- Get started with python code and syntax
- Use variables
- Use data types such as integers, strings, lists, tuples, sets, and dictionaries
- Use different operators for arithmetic, assignment and Boolean operations
- Use selection statements such as if and elif
- Use iteration statements such as for and while loops
- How to read from and write to files
- Create your own functions
- Handle program exceptions
- Create simple graphic user interfaces using Python tkinter module
- Create simple games using the PyGame module.
Techniques are illustrated step-by-step using screen prints, example code, and video demos, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field. If you want to learn to code quickly and easily with Python, this is the guide you need.