Bits, bytes, logic, RAM, CPUs, hard drives and SSD drives. Master the geeky acronyms and simplify computer hardware & terminology with ease. This book is great for beginners or a basic computing class.
Exploring Computer Hardware looks at:
- The microcomputer, mainframes and super computers
- Hardware components
- CPU architecture, instructions sets, and the fetch execute cycle
- Computer ports and plugs
- Network topologies, LANs, WANs, MANs, fibre optics and ethernet
- WiFi and Cellular networks
- The internet: email, the cloud, the world-wide web
- IP Addressing, web servers, DNS servers and DHCP servers
- TCP/IP model, OSI model, ports, sockets
- Logic gates, binary arithmetic, two’s complement, floating point, hexadecimal, and base conversions
- Data Storage: bits, bytes, kilo bytes, kibi bytes, megabytes…
- Data compression, encryption, sort, and search algorithms, and more
Techniques are illustrated step-by-step using photography, illustrations, video demos, and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to computer hardware.