The twenty-first century offers more technology than we have ever seen before, but with new updates coming out all the time, it’s hard to keep up.
Essential Windows 10: October 2018 Edition is here to help. Along with easy to follow step-by-step instructions, illustrations, photographs, and video resources, this guide offers specifics in…
- Setting up your computer, downloading and upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- A look at the new features introduced in the October Update
- Navigating around Windows 10 using file explorer, task view and the start menu
- Using the timeline and near share features
- Using the desktop, running applications and basic file management
- Using tablets, touch screen gestures, keyboards, pens and Windows Ink
- Getting to know Cortana virtual assistant
- Browsing the web with Microsoft Edge including a look at Chrome & Firefox
- Using OneDrive & Files on Demand
- Getting started with Continuum, linking your Phone, and using Windows Hello
- Backing up your important data with File History
- Downloading & watching videos, movies and watching DVDs
- Downloading & listening to music
- Storing, manipulating, sharing photos, recording video
- Adding 3D models & Effects with Story Remix feature in Photos App
- Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar, Skype & the People App
- Using Paint 3D to create 3D pictures that you can share via social media
- A look at mixed reality using models from Paint 3D
- Using Windows Security, as well as new exploit and folder protection features designed to combat ransomware
- Maintaining Windows 10, scanning drives for errors, basic recovery procedures and more…
Unlike other books and manuals that assume a computing background not possessed by beginners, Essential Windows 10: October 2018 Edition tackles the fundamentals of the Windows 10, so that everyone from students, to senior citizens, to home users pressed for time, can understand.
So, if you’re looking for a Windows manual, a visual book, simplified tutorial, dummies guide, or reference, Essential Windows 10: October 2018 Edition will help you maximize the potential of Windows 10 to increase your productivity, understanding, and help you take advantage of the digital revolution.