We’ve all been there before, staring at a screen with no idea what to do — and now there’s another update that’s just come out. Whatever the computer-related task — and whatever your technical ability — Essential Laptops is here to help.
In this guide, Kevin walks you through your device, one step at a time. Packed full of tutorials, illustrations and photographs to help you, here’s what you’ll look at…
- Choosing a laptop
- Understanding laptop specifications and decoding the jargon
- Understanding the hardware components: CPU, RAM, Hard Drives, USB and so on
- Setting up your laptop
- Turning the power on and configuring Windows 10 with the initial setup
- Navigating around your laptop with Windows 10
- Connecting to printers
- Getting on the internet, using email, and skype
- Getting things done with apps for Microsoft Office, Google Docs or Open Office
- Using apps for internet, photos, music, tv, films, weather and maps
- Maintaining your laptop – keeping it running smoothly
- Security, anti-virus and backups
- And more…
With Kevin’s detailed instruction, helpful diagrams and screenshots, you’ll be well on your way to using your laptop with greater understanding and enhanced technical knowledge.