The iPad revolutionised the way we work, catch up on entertainment, and access information. iPads have become an essential tool for students, business users, and home users. Updated to cover the iOS 12 update, Exploring Apple iPad will help you get to grips with the fundamentals of your device.
Written in a clear and accessible way using illustrations, screenshots, video demos, and easy to follow instructions to help you.
You’ll learn how to upgrade your iPad to iOS 12, and find your way around the dock, menus, and icons. We’ll explore navigation with touch gestures: tap, drag, pinch, spread and swipe, as well as multi-tasking with slide over, split view, and drag & drop. You’ll also learn how to:
- Use control centre, lock screen, notifications, and handoff
- Connect external keyboards as well as the on-screen keyboard
- Use Apple Pencil to draw, annotate, and take notes
- Get to know Siri, voice dictation, and recording voice memos
- Communicate with email, FaceTime, and iMessage
- Use digital touch, and peer-to-peer payments
- Browse the web with Safari web browser
- Take, enhance, and share photos and video
- Stream music with Apple Music, buy tracks & albums from iTunes Store
- Stream TV programs & movies with the new Apple TV App
- Use Files App, as well as Maps, News, Apple Books, and Notes
- Setup and use Apple Pay, Calendar, and Contacts, and more…
In addition, you will learn how to make the most of the new features of iOS 12 with clear explanations and video demos to help you along the way. Finally, maintenance, system updates, backups, and general housekeeping tips complete this invaluable guide. You’ll want to keep this edition handy as you explore your iPad. Click the book cover below to order today!